Los Angeles Fire Sprinkler Testing,
Maintenance, Repair, Inspection & Installation
Fraker Fire Protection is a full-service testing, repair, and installation company that specializes in fire sprinkler systems. We cater to private residencies, apartment buildings, as well as commercial and industrial fire sprinkler systems in Los Angeles County, Ventura County, Orange County, and the Inland Empire.
Our fire sprinkler testing, maintenance, repair, inspection, and installation services meet the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Authority Having Jurisdiction. NFPA requires that all fire sprinkler systems be serviced on a regular basis to ensure safety and protection should a fire occur.
Fire Sprinkler System Requirements
All our fire sprinkler services comply with state and local fire department requirements. Our service personnel are properly licensed and certified to perform any inspections, testing, or repairs on fire sprinkler systems.
Fraker Fire Protection holds the required licenses issued by the State Fire Marshal and the Contractor’s State Licensing Board. We service and maintain all fire sprinkler systems according to NFPA 25 and Title 19 code requirements.
- The State of California Fire Marshal and local fire departments require a “5-Year Test” to be performed on all fire sprinkler systems by a qualified C-16 licensed Fire Sprinkler contractor.
- NFPA 13 requires fire sprinkler monitoring for systems that have more than 100 sprinkler heads. A central station facility is used for monitoring. They dispatch the fire department and/or to the service provider.
Fire Sprinkler Inspection Services
Fire sprinkler systems are highly effective fire protection measures that use water and pressure. The licensed professionals at Fraker Fire Protection Inc. are required to perform sprinkler inspections in accordance with NFPA 25 (Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems). They are qualified to inspect all types of fire sprinkler systems.
Fire sprinklers undergo a variety of inspections according to a schedule dictated by local and state laws. Some inspections should occur on a monthly basis, while others happen every quarter, every year, or every five years.
These inspections include a variety of individual examinations that determine whether the system is operating properly under emergency conditions. The inspections also ensure that there is no damage to the sprinkler system. Inspection and testing tasks include but are not limited to:
- Regular water-flow tests.
- Regular trip tests of dry pipe, pre-action, or deluge valves.
- Quarterly wet pipe system tests.
- Quarterly control valve tests.
- Quarterly sprinkler head inspections.
- Annual alarm valve tests.
- Quarterly main drain tests.
- Visual inspection of system.
The Fire Sprinkler Testing Process
What happens during a fire sprinkler inspection? Sprinkler head and system testing requirements depend on the inspection schedule and the particular components that need to be checked at that time according to the law. Our technicians are skilled at all aspects of fire sprinkler inspection and testing, including the following aspects:
- Checking fire sprinkler heads (orientation, condition, and ability to transmit liquid).
- Performing a forward flow test for backflow preventer.
- Inspecting sprinkler control valves (including signage).
- Testing sprinkler air compressors.
- Inspecting sprinkler system alarm components.
- Inspecting the spare head box.
- Inspecting and testing low-pressure alarms.
- Visibly inspecting pipes, gauges, hangers, drain valves, and all other relevant components.
Importance of Routine Fire Sprinkler Maintenance
According to the United States Fire Administration, over a million fires occur in the nation every year. In California alone, hundreds of deaths every year are caused by fires. By conducting sprinkler maintenance, inspections, testing, repairs, and installations, we are protecting you and your property in the event of a fire. Fire sprinkler systems that work properly provide several important benefits:
- Fast response: Sprinkler systems have a prompt response time when a fire occurs due to their detection of fire or heat. New home sprinklers are now available and react very quickly to fires.
- Low cost: Sprinklers are affordable to install and maintain, and they help save thousands of dollars in property damage.
- Dramatic results: Fire sprinklers are largely effective for their ability to extinguish a fire before it gets out of hand.
Why Choose Us for Your Fire Protection, Prevention & Safety Needs?
Fraker Fire has 45 years of experience with helping area clients meet fire system inspection requirements enforced by local and state law. If your system isn’t operating according to code, you can take advantage of our fire sprinkler repair services.
We’re proud of our reputation as one of the leading fire sprinkler companies in the Southern California region, and we hope you will turn to us when you need help remaining compliant with all applicable sprinkler system maintenance requirements. Contact us for more info on our fire sprinkler testing and inspection services.